Dr Peter Ryan
Dr Peter Ryan established the Selwyn Skin Cancer Practice in 2013, after 10 years as surgical assistant to Dr Grant Bellaney, Dermatologist and Skin Cancer Surgeon. Peter also provided skin cancer consultations and skin surgery as part of his general practice at Rolleston Medical Centre. Peter seeks to provide a comprehensive service for the screening and treatment of skin cancers for the Selwyn District.
Peter is a Member of the Skin Cancer College of Australasia, and has regular participation in study, educational and training courses, peer group reviews, audits, conferences and workshops in Australia and New Zealand to further his knowledge and skills.
Peter gained a B.Ag.Sci. from Massey University and has a variety of work experience, including farm worker, design and sales of farm irrigation and youth worker before finally entering medical school. Peter personally knows the importance of regular skin checks and spotting skin cancer early.
- B Ag Sci (Massey), MBChB (Otago), FRNZCGP, Member of the Skin Cancer College of Australasia
- Diploma in Skin Cancer Medicine & Surgery
- Certificate in Advanced Skin Cancer Surgery
- Certificate in Advanced Dermoscopy
Lisa Jordan has been working with Dr Ryan in skin cancer medicine and surgery for the last five years and worked as a Practice nurse for the last 11 years. Lisa has a Certificate of Dermoscopy from the Skin Cancer College Australasia. In 2015, Lisa obtained her Certificate in Skin Cancer Medicine with the Skin Cancer College of Australasia for simple diagnosis and surgical treatment of skin cancers.
- Bachelor of Nursing 2005
- Certificate of Dermoscopy, Skin Cancer College Australasia
- Certificate in in Skin Cancer Medicine, Skin Cancer College of Australasia